Saturday, January 05, 2008

Minnesota Wild Rice Soup

When we arrived in Minnesota a year and a half ago, we received a welcome gift basket with some MN wild rice. Since then we have received several bags of wild rice as gifts. We knew that Minnesota was known for their wild rice soup and even sampled a few versions of it at various restaurants. So after receiving yet another bag of the rice in a Christmas gift basket I decided it was time to learn how to make this famous soup. I went searching on the Internet and settled on the recipe found at http://www.recipezaar.com/183736 I made it using chicken that I had made last week and homemade Chicken broth. Well, I am happy to report that it was beautiful and delicious. My husband exclaimed that it was the best Chicken Soup I had ever made. We had it with some sour dough bread from Diamond City Bakery and it turned out to be the perfect soup for a cold Minnesota winter. So thanks to all of you who have supplied me with bags of rice which gently nudged me towards this wonderful culinary experience.