Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Snow

Winter does not go down without a fight here in Minnesota...
So As I struggled this morning, feeling discouraged with another cold day, I went looking for encouragement in the words of the Bible. Here is what I found.... Job 37:6
For he saith to the snow, Be thou [on] the earth;
likewise to the small rain,
and to the great rain of his strength.
Job 38:22
Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow?
or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail,

Psa 51:7
Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean:

wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

Isa 1:18
Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
Pro 31:21
She is not afraid of the snow for her household:
for all her household [are] clothed with scarlet.
Isa 55:10
For as the rain cometh down,
and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither,
but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud,
that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth:
it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please,
and it shall prosper [in the thing] whereto I sent it.