Friday, July 20, 2007

Landscape Arboretum

Last night I got to have a fun "girls night out". I met a friend, Jennifer, and her sister for dinner and then she took me to the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum. It is run by the University of Mn. There is over 100 acres of gardens and landscapes of all kinds. We enjoyed walking around and praising the Creator for the beautiful way he has colored our Earth. Here are some pictures of a few of my favorite spots: The rose gardens were extensive and beautiful.




Here is Jennifer and I near the landscaped flower gardens.



The sun shimmering through the thick canopy of treas.

The Japanese gardens.




Here is me again.



The Weeping trees display was really neat. These weeping evergreens were sculptured to look like elephants.


Her we are on one of the walking paths.




I loved this sculpture of the Mother and Baby.



We watched the beautiful sunset over the horizon and then headed out for coffee and desert. I had such a fun and relaxing visit. Thanks Jennifer and Paula for your company.